Do you want to turn your Android TV box into a Kodi streamer? Here’s how you can do it.
Install Kodi on Android TV
Kodi is an open-source software which is specially designed to stream content to your TV from a computer or phone. It is an app which is always being modified and updated by hundreds of coders around the world. It was created in 2003 and has been built by more than 500 software developers and more than 200 translators.
It is not easy to stream Kodi to Chromecast and to get Kodi onto your Nexus Player, Nvidia Shield TV or Android TV- equipped Sony, Philips or Sharp TVs, is a complete doddle.
Let us see how you can install Kodi on your Android TV and begin streaming your saved content onto the large screen.
How to install Kodi on Android TV?
To stream content from Kodi to Android TV, there are mainly two methods. The first way is to use its Chromecast functionality and stream Kodi by Chromecast and the second way is much easier. It is the most recommended way and does not have to waste time with the Chromecast.
- In the Android TV “Settings”, select the ” Security & Restrictions.”
- In your device turn on the Unknown Sources. So that, you can install apps outside the Google Play Store.
- Go to the Kodi’s download page and download Kodi for Android. Here you will have to choose either the ARM or x86 version.
- Now, you have to copy the downloaded .apk file to your USB drive or Google drive and connect it to your Android TV.
- With ES File Explorer or some other file management app, go to where you have saved the .apk file and open the file.
- If you like to install Kodi, do select the Install option.
- After the files are transferred to your device, you will be asked once again to install the app.
- Select install.
- After the install, the Kodi will work as same as it was downloaded from the Google Play Store.
- Then, configure the Kodi app to see the content you have already saved in the network.